Monday, July 25, 2016



Can my computer programming skills get me an H-1B visa?
The government says that the entry will express what the Foreign Worker Program
to the United States offers Visa and work if you have one of these professions.
The ' Entry express' could be offered to qualified immigrants who have applied
through the federal program for skilled workers ( FSWP ) , the federal program
for skilled operations (PTSA ), the experience EU ( CEC) , and part the provincial nominee program.
0111 CFOs .
0112 Human resources managers
0113 Purchasing managers
0121 Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers .
0311 Managers of health services.
0711 Construction managers .
0712 Managers homebuilding and renovation.
0811 Managers in natural resources production and fishing.
0911 Managers of manufacturing.
1111 auditors and financial accountants .
1112 Financial and Investment Analysts.
1113 securities agents , investment brokers .
1114 Other financial agents.
1123 Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations.
1212 Supervisors, workers in finance and insurance .
1224 Property managers .
2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers .
2131 Civil Engineers .
2132 Mechanical Engineers .
2133 Electrical engineers and electricians.
2145 Petroleum Engineers .
2171 Analysts and consultants in Information Systems .
2172 databases and data managers .
2173 Software engineers and designers.
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers .
2232 Technologists and technicians in mechanical engineering.
Temporary not apply : It will ensure that skilled immigrants are able to settle in E.U
permanently to help meet the needs of labor the country 's Immigration Minister
Chris Alexander explained that this program 'express residence ' is in force since January 1, 2015
and remains active for new skilled immigrants.

Monday, July 18, 2016

Green Card

                                                         click image to submit question

I married a U.S. citizen. He helped me get a green card in the United States. But we got divorced two and a half years after I came here. Now I have been a resident for five years, and would like to apply for U.S. citizenship. Will I be permitted to do that? Or will the divorce mean they will refuse my application?


Many applicants for U.S. citizenship (naturalization) worry that if they got their green card through marriage, but later divorced, they will no longer qualify for citizenship. In most cases, such applicants have little or nothing to worry about.

The people who truly need to worry about the effect of a divorce are those trying to get early citizenship after three years as spouses of U.S. citizens. You have to remain married up until you actually get your citizenship, and you have to be living with your spouse three years before filing your citizenship application to qualify for early citizenship. Because you have been a permanent resident for five years, you’re not subject to the early citizenship rules.

As long as your marriage was the real thing—meaning that you honestly intended to establish a life together, as opposed to entering into a fake, or a sham marriage, meant to get you a green card—you should be okay. (U.S. immigration authorities are always on the lookout for fraudulent marriages, and perceive them to be a common problem, but don't automatically assume that a divorce indicates a sham marriage.)

Judging by your description, you probably spent two years as a “conditional resident,” then had to submit proof of your real, ongoing marriage (along with Form I-751) in order to become a permanent resident. So U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has already once verified that your marriage was real. But when you apply for citizenship, your divorce might cause USCIS to question how real your marriage was.

While your divorce will not, by itself, cause USCIS to assume that your marriage was a fraud, when you attend your naturalization interview, the USCIS officer may ask some additional questions to double-check. The officer may not make a decision on your citizenship that day, but may ask you to first submit additional paperwork proving that your marriage was real.
If that is indeed the case, then USCIS will be looking in particular for documentation covering the time period beyond your submission of the I-751.

For example, you might want to submit the same sorts of documents that you did before, but covering that time period, such as leases or mortgages in both your names, copies of joint bank or credit card statements, and so on.

If you and your husband attended couples counseling before your divorce, a statement from your therapist would be good evidence that you were really trying to make this marriage work. And if you happen to have had any children that USCIS doesn’t yet know about, their birth certificates will serve as excellent evidence that your marriage was real.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Asylum or Refugee?

Click image to submit question

Asylum or Refugee Status: Who Is Eligible?

I've fled my home country and I'm afraid to go back, may I qualify for asylum or refugee status in the U.S.


Asylum and refugee status are special legal protections available to people who have left their home country for their own safety and are afraid to return.

What's the difference between asylum and refugee status under U.S. immigration laws -- that is, who should seek asylum status, and who should seek refugee status? It's simply a matter of where you are when you apply. People outside of the United States must apply for refugee status. People who have already made it to the U.S. border or the interior (perhaps by using a visa or by entering illegally) can apply for asylum status.

Once granted, both statuses allow you to stay in the United States indefinitely. Asylees and refugees are given permission to work and are allowed to apply for a green card (within one year of either entering the United States as a refugee or being approved for asylum).
But not everyone qualifies for asylum or refugee status. You must meet some strict requirements, as described in this article. In particular, you must show two things:
  • You are unable or unwilling to return to your home country because you have been persecuted there in the past or have a well-founded fear that you will be persecuted if you go back.
  • The reason you have been (or will be) persecuted is connected to one of five things: your race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or your political opinion.
Let's look more closely at what these requirements mean.

What Is Persecution?

To persecute means to harass, punish, injure, oppress, or otherwise cause someone to suffer physical or psychological harm. U.S. immigration law does not list specific examples of the kinds of persecution that would qualify someone for asylum or refugee status. However, from the law that has been developed through court cases, we know that it can include such acts as threats, violence, torture, inappropriate imprisonment, or denial of basic human rights or freedoms.

Historically, for example, the need for asylum or refugee status has been recognized in situations where a foreign government has:
  • imprisoned and tortured political dissidents or supposed undesirables
  • fired weapons on protesters
  • committed genocide against a certain race
  • made sure that members of a certain religion were left out of the political process,
  • and much more.

Monday, July 4, 2016

DHS Authorization

                                              Click image to Submit question

Can I Hire a Worker Whose Social Security Card Says
"Valid Only With DHS Authorization"?


I run a small landscaping company that sometimes hires workers from other countries, but I’ve come across a situation that I’ve never seen before. A recently hired worker showed me a card that says, “Valid only with DHS authorization.” What is this?
Is it okay to accept it for purposes of Form I-9?


While this is likely a genuine Social Security card (it is unclear why someone would want a fake card that does not allow him or her to work), you cannot accept it for I-9 purposes, as it does not serve as evidence of a person’s work authorization. A card bearing this notation is known as a “restricted” Social Security card; the Social Security Administration typically issues such cards to foreign nationals who possess time-limited work authorization (such as H-1B visa holders, students working under Optional Practical Training, and those who have been granted deferred action under DACA).

If an employee presents a restricted Social Security card to you during the I-9 process, you should tell him that the card is not acceptable as a List C document and should give
him an opportunity to present alternative documentation.

He may be able to present a List A document, such as an Employment Authorization Document (EAD, also known as an I-766, Employment Authorization Card) or a foreign passport containing an I-94 card (a record issued to a foreign national when he enters the U.S. indicating his visa status and the expiration date of his authorized stay in the U.S.) endorsed for work. If the I-94 is not part of the passport, the employee may present it as a List C document proving work authorization together with any List B identity document.

Be careful about accepting an I-94, however. It may only be used if the period of endorsement has not yet expired and the proposed employment does not conflict with any restrictions or limitations listed on the I-94. Also, some persons, such as certain students and exchange visitors, must also present additional documentation in order to prove their work authorization in the United States.